Benefits of Isapgul
Posted on: 08-12-2015 Article Readers : 415
Isapgul (Ispaghula), also known as Psyllium seed husks, are portions of the seeds of the plant Plantago ovata, found mainly in India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. The plant has a big flower like structure which contains psyllium seeds. Isapgul is extensively used in the field of Ayurveda. It is known for its gentle laxative, cooling, diuretic properties. Isapgul is a reserve of soluble dietary fiber. Some recent research has shown they may be effective in lowering cholesterol and supervising certain types of diabetes. It has properties to absorb bacteria and other harmful contaminants present in the intestine. It provides proper lubrication inside the intestine wall.
The various benefits that are related to Isapgul are given as below:
- Isapgul has natural laxative properties. It is full of fiber. It develops in the digestive tract. Its gelatin base helps in natural bowel movement. As it is hygroscopic in nature, it absorbs water from the intestine which helps in increasing the consistency of stool.
- It’s an amazing natural product that can cure both constipation and diarrhea. During diarrhea, if it is mixed in curd and consumed, it heals the infection caused due to diarrhea ascurd is full of probiotics.
- Psyllium husks create a protective wall of the stomach and reduce the excessive secretion of digestive acid. It annuls the effect of the acid in the stomach.
- Since it is hygroscopic in nature, it absorbs the harmful toxins while passing through the colon. It is the best effective way to cleanse the colon.
- It prevents heart diseases. Isapgul is full of fiber. As it is hygroscopic in nature, it absorbs the cholesterol. It cleans stomach and intestine wall from the excess deposition of toxins and the oily substance. It prevents absorption of fat from the food.
- It promotes digestion. As it is full of fiber, it helps in digestion of food. It scrubs the stomach wall from excessive toxins and also helps the stomach in the movement of food through the intestine.
- Isapgul has natural gelatin substance which slows down the breaking down and absorption of glucose in our body. So it lowers the intake of glucose and control diabetes.
- It helps in curing piles and fissures. It contains a high amount of fiber. In a case of pile and fissures helps in cure bowels. It works as a natural stool softener and eases the passage of stool.
Apart from these advantages, Isapgul doesn't have any such kind of disadvantages. Any grave allergic reaction related to Isapgul is rare. It can be taken safely without any side effect. Taking it with any type of liquid components is a necessity otherwise, it may cause choking. In some cases, stomach cramping may occur.
Do you know some more? Are you interested in sharing your experience of Isapgul? We would love to hear from you. Your feedback regarding the article is also greatly appreciated. So, do write to us!
...View All Articles