Moringa Oleifera is a plant with immense medicinal properties and uses and is found in the foothills of the Himalayas and most parts of northwest India.This tree is also known as the "Tree of life" as all the parts of this tree can be used to cure some or the other ailment.
According to ancient scriptures, the tree is known to be the cure for almost 300 diseases.
Also, the tree has been used in several poverty stricken countries as a super food that can deliver an entire day's calcium and vitamin A, half the day's protein and potassium and about three-quarters of the day's iron in just 25 gms.
Understanding Moringa - The Wonder food
The leaves of this tree are a good source of catechins, polyphenols and anti- oxidants.
But since it is quite diffucult to find fresh leaves every time, people rely on Moringa powder or extracts which are produced by freeze drying. This prevents the different compounds from being oxidized.
The extracts are now also available as moringa tea and are consumed as an health supplement all over the world.
Moringa tea is known to have a multitude of health benefits and let us take a close look at some of those benefits
- Regular consumption of moringa tea inhibits the growth of cancer cells as it is loaded with antioxidants and polyphenols. It kills the cancer cells without damaging the healthy tissue.
- Moringa tea is known to reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) considerably inhibiting the abnormal formation of blood clots. Due to this property it reduces the condition called thrombosis which is a formation of blood clots and one of the major reasons of cardiac arrest.
- It helps in effective weight management and helps the body to burn fat by increasing the metabolic rate.
- It acts as a rejuvenator and eases out wrinkles, blemishes and fine lines to give you younger looking and flawless skin.
- It promotes the normal functioning of liver and kidneys and promotes proper digestion.
- It works a nourishing drink for the whole body and nourishes your eyes and brain and reduces stress levels considerably.
The benefits of having moringa tea are many and daily consumption of this tea can work wonders for your health and keep your body in shape. Moringa tea truly stands by its name of miracle tree and is really beneficial for human health.
Ayurleaf Herbals Moringa tea contains pure moringa extracts that have been standardized and naturally flavored to provide you with a cup of refreshing goodness and health every morning.