Known as the key to healthy joints, Salai is most beneficial for all kinds of inflammatory diseases. Identified as BoswelliaSerrata, the ayurvedic drug is common for treating osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It is an herbal analgesic and works wonder in muscular spasms and other muscular pains.
Apart from reducing inflammation and pain, Salai also helps in cartilage breakdown and healing acute bronchitis. Salai’s main constituent in the gum resin is the boswellic acid, which exhibits anti-inflammatory properties.
Salai tree, usually 8-10 meters high has thin bark and peels off easily, with its leaves resembling neem. The herb’s five different types of gum are used in Unani system of medicine.
Being a therapeutic, Salai’s gum resin is also used as an ointment for sores. The non-phenolic fraction of the gum resin had marked sedative and analgesic feat.
Most of the joint disorders are caused by the kapha and pitta, hence Salai are very useful in treating that
Apart from the tablet form, Salai is also used as a paste in most arthritis-related problems.
1) It is used for chronic ulcers.
2) It strengthens and rebuilds the body system.
3) Salai is used for treating the eyes.
4) It also works wonders for smokers who get a constant irritation in their throat.
5) Many doctors also use Salai in treating gonorrhea and sexual weakness.
6) It also works as an appetizer and a digestive
7) It also helps check the hormones in menopausal women
Ayurleaf Salai should be taken two capsules twice a day after meals
Salai is known to heal the joint health and does not cause any side effects, including gastric ulcers that were reported earlier.