Ayurvedic Medicine for Dysentery And Diarrhoea
Brahmi or Bacopa monniera is a bitter tasting herb that has been a regular in the Ayurveda medicine system for centuries. It is used for treatment of a number of disorders that include anxiety, poor memory, and brain related ailments. For small children, it is given as a tonic to enhance development.
Brahmi is a small creeping herb that grows in the north and the north-eastern region of the country. The entire plant, including the flowers and leaves, are used for medicinal purpose. It is also kept as an ornamental plant in aquariums for its ability to grow in water.
It is said to significantly increase superoxide dismutase, catalase and glutathione peroxidase activities in the brain helping improve cognitive performance and treating various ailments.
Brahmi is a well-known traditional Indian Ayurvedic medicine used for boosting mental health. It comes in capsule, powder, and oil form. It is derived from the plant of the same name, which cures physical ailments. Medically it is called Bacopa Monnieri with gotu kola. Brahmi is a perennial creeping herb whose habitat includes wetlands and muddy shores. The name Brahmi is derived from the name “Brahma” the Hindu God of Creation.
In Ayurvedic medicine, Brahmi is a natural drug used to improve failing memory loss, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), worry and nervousness. Research shows that taking Brahmi medicine improves memory loss in young boys and men; it helps strengthen their stress levels and sexual performance. This medicine has magical properties which are scientifically proven and documented. New studies also show it is useful even for treatment of epilepsy.
BENEFITS OF BRAHMI
Overall studies conducted show a definite increase in mental alertness, concentration and balancing academic stress among school boys. For many centuries, this Ayurvedic treatment has shown effective and beneficial results in men like improvement unconsciousness, convulsions, and asthma.
Some immediate benefits of taking Brahmi are:
1) It strengthens memory, mental clarity and enhances longevity.
2) Helps stimulates anti-cancer activity.
3) Reduce anxiety and stress.
4) Alleviates reducing joint pains.
5) Boosts sexual performance, vitality and stamina in men.
6) Excellent treatment for hair loss.
7) Commonly used as supplements for weight lifters to enhance their focus and attention.
8) It also features in some fat loss supplements.
THE BRAHMI LEAF CAPSULES
The leaves of this plant are relatively thick and juicy. Due to its ability to grow in water it is a popular aquarium plant. No significant side effects have been reported by taking this medication for long periods. Each capsule is enriched with 100% pure Brahmi extract.
The medicine has to be used up to 12 weeks for better results. Dosage recommended is 300 mg or 500 mg. Brahmi extracts per day, i.e. 2 capsules every day.
This ayurvedic medicine for dysentery (Brahmi) has been used in conventional Indian medicine for over many years. The medicinal herb Brahmi also name as Bacopa monniera. It is a member of the scrophulariaceae family. Brahmi is a natural therapy for different types of illnesses as brain, memory loss, nervous, respiratory, digestive and circulatory disorder. In Ayurveda Brahmi is classified as a medhya rasayanathat to develop mental abilities and is often used in the treatment of Epilepsy, Alzheimer and Parkinson’s disease Brahmi contains the alkaloids brahmine, herpestatine, saponins, monnierin, hersaponin, a mixture of three bases.
It is a highly toxic herb. In India, Brahmi is recognized as a widespread treatment of mental illness and epilepsy.
Brahmi the ayurvedic medicine for dysentery is considered to be an aphrodisiac in other parts of India. In Sri Lanka, it is under the name of Loonooweella that is used for curing fever and in the Philippines it is used as a diuretic.
Benefits of Brahmi
Brahmi is examined as a Nootropics agent, that is a supplement or drug that increases mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence. Since ancient time, Brahmi is a traditional treatment for several disorders, especially those suffering from anxiety, intellect, and poor memory.
Uses of Brahmi
1) Build up brain: This magical herb enhances the functioning of the mind. It works on the nervous system and increases the neurological function in the brain.
2) Respiratory problems: Brahmi has been used in the treatment of asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory problems.
3) Works on intestinal tract: Brahmi is frequently used in to treat upset stomach, consistent diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome and other disorders associated to intestine.
4) Hair and Skin: Brahmi is used to nourish hair and to treat a variety of skin problems.
5) Therapy for Anxiety and stress: Brahmi is almost supporting treatment in the anxiety. It helps in relaxing the spasm and muscles in the brain that primarily causes condition of anxiety. It also works an anti-oxidant in women.
Side Effects of Brahmi
No side effects have been noticed in Ayurveda herb Brahmi, albeit some delicate disorder of Stomach.